If you want to protect your weak tooth or restore a broken tooth, crowns are the best choice to restore your smile. Crowns can protect your tooth and enhance your smile. At BCR Dentistry, we provide dental crowns in Phoenix, AZ, at an affordable price. The following points highlight everything you need to know about dental crowns. Its purpose, types, procedure, care, and cost.
What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap used to replace your natural tooth. They are permanently attached to your teeth that are cracked, damaged, or excessively decayed. The dental crown restores the shape, size, and function of your teeth.
When Is A Dental Crown Needed?
You may require a dental crown in the following scenarios:
- If the tooth cavity is too deep for a filling.
- You have an excessively weak tooth.
- After a root canal treatment, a crown is placed to protect the restored tooth.
- In case you had a dental implant placed.
- In case of discolored or oddly shaped teeth.
What Types Of Crowns Are Available?
Crowns can be made from different materials such as ceramic, porcelain, and gold. You can select the one you want depending on your preference, style, location, and if it is visible. Some common types of dental crowns include:
Ceramic crowns are made of porcelain and are strong and resemble a natural tooth. It is also stain-resistant. If you need a crown for the front tooth that is visible, a porcelain crown is probably the best option.
Porcelain Fused To Metal Crown
Some crowns are made of metal but have a porcelain cover. It is more affordable than a complete porcelain crown. However, sometimes a thin strip of the metal is visible which can create a dark border along the gum line. This type of crown is best for your back tooth, as it will not be visible.
Gold alloy crowns include gold, copper, and other metals. It is one of the best metals as these crowns don’t fracture even if you grind your teeth. They bond well with the tooth and are a great option for people who like to make a bold fashion statement.
What Is The Procedure For Dental Crown Placement?
A dental crown may take two dental visits to complete the dental crown treatment. At BCR Dentistry, we ensure that you will feel comfortable with our experts, and we can work with you to discuss your goals fi your treatment. If you are looking for dental crowns in Phoenix, AZ, book an appointment with us today! The treatment includes the following steps:
- If you have decay and a root canal is performed, the outer surface of your tooth is shaved down to fit the crown.
- An impression of your tooth is taken to create the exact model for your crown.
- The dentist will place a temporary crown and send your impressions to a lab where your permanent crown will be made.
- It will take approximately two to three weeks for your custom crown to arrive.
- During this time, your tooth may be sensitive to hot and cold. It is best to avoid biting on the affected tooth. Also, avoid sticky or hard foods.
- When your permanent crown is ready, you can get it placed with cement forever, setting it into place.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
A dental crown can last from five to twenty years, depending on your oral care. A dental crown would need to be replaced in case of the following scenarios:
- A crown fracture from excessive force.
- Wear and tear the crown.
- Recurrent tooth decay.
- Cosmetic purposes.
How To Take Care Of My Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are just like natural teeth, so you should practice good dental hygiene. Brushing & flossing your teeth daily will ensure long-lasting crowns. Additionally, try to avoid hard foods like ice that can potentially damage the crown. You can also visit us for regular dental checkups that will extend the life of your crown.
How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost?
The cost of a crown depends on the amount of work required to prepare it. It also depends on the material your insurance plan covers. At BCR Dentistry, we accept most major credit cards and insurance plans. We will also work with you to devise a plan that will benefit you and work to discuss the cost of treatment before you begin. Book an appointment with us to get the best dentist in Phoenix, AZ, and we look forward to having you!
Dentist In Phoenix, AZ
If you are looking to transform your smile with dental veneers near Phoenix, AZ, look no further. At BCR Dentistry, our team will work with you to understand your goals and customize a treatment plan. No longer will you feel the need to hide your smile, you can now get the smile you deserve. Contact us today and book your appointment!